Getting Ready for School Daze
Getting back into the school routine can sometimes be a little hectic.Â Here are a few tips that will help make it a little bit less stressful on everyone:
1) Shop Early - The first few weeks of school are very busy and unpredictable so be sure to purchase your back to school items as early as possible.
2) Sleep Easy - Ease back into the school routine by gradually adjusting bedtimes (and wake up times) a week or so before to help everyone get back into the routine.
3) After School Plans - Start discussing extra-curricular activities and homework routines so you can organize your Fall schedule.
4) Have a Hub - Hang a calendar in a central spot where everyone can write down their activities and attach a folder for notices and permission slips so that everything's in one place.
5) Be Positive - If your child is anxious, listen to their worries but also pay attention to how youâ€™re feeling as sometimes the parentâ€™s anxiety can rub off onto their kids.
Going back to school is a very exciting time (for you and the kids) but itâ€™s also a period of emotional adjustment so try and make yourself available as much as possible during the first few weeks.Â With just a little planning, getting back into the school routine can be a nice, smooth transition.
Recent ArticlesMoving Day Checklist
Finding Your Dream Home