Pros & Cons Of Newer & Older Homes
Home buyers face countless decisions when purchasing a home. One of the first things to figure out is whether you prefer a newer home or an older home.
Comparing newer and older homes can be tricky as it depends on individual preferences as well as family priorities. Here are a few advantages of older homes:
1. Solid as a Rock - The craftsmanship that went into building homes years ago was usually second to none.
2. Old World Charm - Older homes usually boast unique architectural features such as crown moulding and stained glass windows.
3. Location - Older homes are often located in well established communities with mature trees. They're also usually close to popular downtown amenities.
4. Outdoor Space - Older homes usually have larger lots which is important if you value your privacy or wish to possibly extend your home in the future. Newer homes on the other hand have their own unique set of advantages. Here are just a few points to consider:
• Customizable - You can customize a brand new home to your own
tastes with options like heated floors or granite countertops.
• Functional - Newer homes are laid out with functional features such as attached garages, larger storage areas and ensuite bathrooms.
• Low Maintenance - You're not likely to encounter any serious issues as everything's brand new. The home's exterior will also be much easier to maintain.
• Energy Efficient - Better windows, insulation and appliances mean newer homes are more energy efficient which translates into lower monthly utility bills.
Recent ArticlesLondon Ontario Condos
New Reality for London Real Estate Sellers and Buyers