The Renfrew Heights neighbourhood is near the Burnaby border.
Renfrew Heights - Vancouver
Renfrew Park Community Centre
is a great place for residents to enjoy recreation and physical activity. The community centre has a games room and computer lab, as well as a swimming pool, fitness centre, sauna, whirlpool, and a library.
Parks and Green Space - Renfrew Heights
This neighbourhood has a large number of neighbourhood parks and green spaces throughout Renfrew Heights.
Renfrew Community Park
- Residents can enjoy a playground, wading pool, swings, baseball diamond, off-leash dog park, and a basketball court.
- With wide-open fields, a playground, and a baseball diamond, this beautiful park is a great place to spend a sunny afternoon.
- This large park has a baseball diamond and a soccer field for the sports fan, a playground for the kids, and an off-leash dog park for the four-legged friends.
Renfrew Ravine Park
- This beautiful natural area is a great place to take the family for a hike. It has a walking trail that takes you through wooded natural areas with a creek. This area is dog friendly.
This neighbourhood has a mix of condos, townhomes, apartments, and single-family homes. Many housing options are one of the draws of real estate in this area. Renfrew Heights condos for sale
Hasting-Sunrise has an old-world personality. It’s often called "East Village" by the locals.
Hastings-Sunrise - Vancouver
There is a strong mosaic feeling to this neighbourhood as the immigrant population is high with Italian, Chinese, Eastern European, and South Asian heritage. Walking down the neighbourhood offers a multicultural experience.
The well-known Pacific National Exhibition holds the annual 17-day summer fair and has been doing so since 1910. It’s one of the best-attended events in all of British Columbia.
Hastings Racecourse is a distinguished racing track in Vancouver. This exciting experience draws many to this neighbourhood.
Hastings-Sunrise Community Centre is there to keep residents active and healthy with a bunch of programs, a fitness centre, a multi-functional gym, and racquetball courts.
Parks and Green Space - Hastings-Sunrise
Hastings-Sunrise is a great neighbourhood for those who love the outdoors. With the water on the northern border and the middle of the neighbourhood filled with green space, this is a nature lovers paradise. Parks and fields make up about a third of the whole neighbourhood.
New Brighton Park
- This fantastic park is situated along the water. It has a playground, wide-open green space, an off-leash dog park, a small beach, a walking path, an outdoor pool, and big shady trees.
Burrard View Park
- Families can bring their furry friends to Burrard View Park to enjoy the off-leash dog area. It’s also a great spot for a picnic.
- Hastings Park is located in the middle of the neighbourhood and is actually made up of multiple little parks, sports facilities, racing track, food vendors, and amusement rides. It’s an incredible place to spend the day with the family. There is also a bike path that goes all the way around. Slidey Slides Park is one of the smaller parks in Hastings Park. It’s a park for both kids and adults alike. With extra-long and high slides, playgrounds, wall climbing, a sandpit, swings, and climbing structures, children can easily spend hours running around playing here. For adults looking to stay healthy and have fun, there is also outdoor fitness equipment, ping pong tables, beach volleyball, a parkour course, a track field, and soccer fields. Another part of the overall park is Hastings Park Sanctuary Small Pond which is an outdoor oasis with a charming wooden bridge, a sizable pond, green space, wildlife, hiking paths, and even an eagles nest. Hastings Skatepark is well-loved by the skateboard community.
has the feel of a typical neighbourhood park with a playground, walking paths, and wide-open green space.
Plateau Sports Park
, another piece of the Hastings Park puzzle, is where sports fans go to enjoy basketball courts and soccer fields. For a place to enjoy tranquillity in Hastings Park people can head to Momiji Gardens
which are beautiful Japanese gardens with calming ponds.
Most of the houses in this neighbourhood are single-family detached homes. There are also some low and mid-rise multi-family buildings mixed in as well. There are large heritage homes as well as new loft buildings full of smaller homes and work/live buildings. There are many young professionals and artists living in this community. Hastings-Sunrise condos for sale
With the iconic Commercial Drive and the picturesque Trout Lake, it’s no wonder that Grandview-Woodland was named the best “Neighbourhood to Explore” in Vancouver by National Geographic in 2018.
Grandview-Woodland - Vancouver
Many residents flock to "The Drive" for incredible shopping opportunities. It has incredible boutiques with top brands but also has much more budget-conscious stores like Wunderbucks. Donald’s Market, which WestEnder voted as the best grocery store in Vancouver, is also in “The Drive”. There are also some of the best hole-in-the-wall restaurants down “The Drive''. Restaurants here include ones with nightly music and rooftop patios.
Trout Lake Farmers Market, located in Trout Lake Park, is one of the most successful markets in the Lower Mainland. Trout Lake Farmers Market sees around 470,000 visitors every year. It has fresh produce, farm meat, fresh eggs, and dairy from local farmers. There is also sustainable seafood, craft beer, and local wine. Artisan baked goods and handcrafted items can also be bought here.
There is also a facility at John Hendry Park that has everything from a state of the art fitness center, gym, and ice rink, to an art studio for performing, painting, and pottery, as well as a pre-school.
Parks and Green Space - Grandview-Woodland
There are plenty of parks throughout the neighbourhood, offering residents plenty of space to get outdoors, stay active, and enjoy nature.
One of the biggest draws of this neighbourhood is Trout Lake Park / John Hendry Park
. This large park has a stunning, large pond in the middle that is fantastic for fishing, boating, and swimming. The surrounding green space has jogging trails, an off-leash dog area, picnic spots, and a sports facility.
draws in sports fanatics with its wide-open space, tennis courts, basketball courts, soccer field, and walking paths.
is another fantastic family park that has open grass areas, walking paths, and a playground for kids. On top of that, there is a roller hockey rink.
Kids love playing on the playground at Victoria Park
. Families can head to the spacious green field for outdoor fun or can take a stroll on the walking paths.
Grandview Woodland has a mix of commercial, industrial, and residential housing. This neighbourhood is full of young families, couples, and older residents. The majority of the houses were built before the late 1940s with a few of the low and mid-rise buildings being built after the year 2000. A lot of houses are being updated and renovated so there are options to get modern amenities in homes in this neighbourhood. Grandview-Woodland condos for sale